Last week, Beyonce made history with what now serves as her third Soundtrack album, The Lion Kind: The Gift. Together with a number of top tier African artists who she enlisted to push the African theme of the 27-track project saddled with Interludes from the just released live action titular, she enraptured the whole world with the burgeoning appropriation of African music, Afrobeat to be precise and for the past 3 days, the mind-blowing performance of each Nigerian artist that made the cut is all anyone can talk about.
In the discussions that are now dominant in every relevant space, certain features reign supreme and in the order of which has garnered the most attention, deservedly so, the following are the Nigerian features; ranked from best to worst on The Gift album:
- Ja Ara E – Burna Boy
- Otherside – Beyonce featuring Bankulli
- Brown Skin Girl – Beyonce featuring Saint Jhn, Wizkid and Blue Ivy Carter
- Keys To The Kingdom – Beyonce featuring Tiwa Savage and Mr Eazi (Additional production from Northboi)
- Find Your Way Back – Beyonce (Additional writing credits – Bankulli)
- Don’t Jealous Me – Beyonce featuring Tekno, Yemi Alade and Mr Eazi