Entries are now officially open for the seventh edition of the Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Award (AMVCA), scheduled to hold next year. Filmmakers are expected to send in their films between Wednesday, November 13, 2019, and Friday, December 13, 2019.
The award ceremony did not hold in 2018 so entries are opened to films released between 1 April 2018 and 30 November 2019. This makes critically acclaimed 2018 pictures like King of Boys, Knockout Blessing and Sylvia eligible for the awards.
The AMVCAs have been celebrating African cinema for the past seven years and there were concerns the award had been shelved with no announcement on the 2019 edition.
Wangi Mba-Uzoukwu, the channel director at Africa Magic says, “we are pleased to finally announce that the seventh edition of the AMVCAs is here and set to once again celebrate film and television talent across Africa. Every year, the industry continues to grow in leaps and bounds and we are proud to be a part of its success story through the AMVCAs.”
Below are guidelines for submission:
- Prepare a 5-minute-long showreel for your online submission
- Log on to the Africa Magic website. Click on the AMVCA Seventh edition banner which will take you to a submissions page.
- Fill out the submission forms and upload the clip. A unique reference number will be allocated to each completed online submission
- Please ensure the video edit represents the category of entry and is under 300mb
- Quoting your unique reference number, send a hard drive of the submitted project to Busola Komolafe, Africa Magic, No 4 Industrial Street, Ilupeju.