2020 has rocked our confidence as a society: fact. No matter which angle you look at it from, it is clear that this year has challenged us personally, medically, politically and socially. We have strived to be happy and survive this terrible time, but throughout it all, we are bound to have had our confidence diminished by the uphill struggle 2020 has brought. If you can relate to that feeling, you definitely aren’t alone.
Although 2021 won’t be perfect – we will still bear the brunt of many of the issues we faced in 2020 – you can put your best foot forward and walk into 2021 with confidence.
Extending Your Self Care Out To Your Community
One way of ensuring you feel confident, secure, and empowered is by helping others. Self-care is a great thing, but it means nothing without the collective care we show to one another. Investing your time and energy into the people you love and your wider community is a beautiful way to increase your confidence and grow as a person.
How can you do this? There is plenty to do in every community, particularly at this pressing and difficult time. You could…
- Volunteer your hours at a food bank, animal shelter, charity, or school.
- Spend time teaching others your skills, such as cooking, sewing, computer skills, or tutoring.
- Use social media to spread awareness of issues you care about.
- Encourage your friends and family to join you in your activism.
All of these are fantastic ways to extend your self-care out to your community as a whole, giving others the confidence that you instill in yourself.
Investing In Yourself
We invest in ourselves all the time, although we might not even realize we are doing it. Every time you exercise, eat a healthy meal, see friends, or set boundaries in your life, you are investing in your mental and physical wellbeing. In 2021, we will be recovering from one of the most intense, difficult years in recent history. It has never been more important to invest in yourself than right now.
So how can you invest in yourself? There are so many ways. Let’s take a look at easy ways to do this and start the new year off right.
- Doing something for your beauty. This could be getting the haircut you never dared, revamping your wardrobe, getting your teeth straightened with nighttime aligners or getting a massage on a regular basis – whatever it is, invest in your outward confidence and you will feel a million times better.
- Learn a new skill. Have you always wanted to learn a language? Have you always wanted to try out a new sport? Do it in 2021. There’s nothing like that feeling of awesome accomplishment.
However, you have spent 2020, make sure to enter 2021 with a bang. Gaining confidence and putting your best foot forward is the best chance you have of making the most of the new year, even if our troubles aren’t behind us just yet.