1) MNEK is a British/Nigerian singer and producer.
2) His government name is Uzoechi Osisioma Emenike. His stage name, an obvious alteration on his last name.
3) He was born and bred in South London.
4) He is managed by Modest Management, the same group who manage pop groups One Direction, Little Mix and single acts like Olly Murs and JLS alumni and The Voice host, Marvin Humes.
5) He started garnering adulation when at 14, he found that the music he sent to the blogs he usually frequented for new music got published.
6) He has already earned a Grammy nomination and he’s still yet to release his debut album. The nomination coming for a song writing credit and background vocals on Duke Dumont’s ‘Need You (100%)’.
7) He is 19. (Turns 20 in November)
8) His most recent appearance came on Gorgon’s City ‘Ready for Your Love’ which debuted at #4 on the UK Singles Chart.
9) In an interview with Billboard, he describes his style as being “If [Jimmy] Jam & [Terry] Lewis threw a house party, then invited George Michael, Janet [Jackson] and Peabo Bryson, that would be my album”. The conclusion? His music is a byproduct of the 80s and 90s Dance Pop scene.
10) He produced the cut ‘ Feels So Good’ on Kylie Minogue’s upcoming album.
11) Rudimental are frequent collaborators.
12) He considers Will Smith and Kanye West as style icons.
13) All things being equal, he hopes to release his debut album at the end of the Summer.
14) Fader recently premiered him performing a cut off the album.